Monday, July 09, 2012

Pamela O'Brien

I met Pamela in Atlanta in 1974 at a meeting of local spiritual seekers and then joined her in California shortly thereafter to continue our pursuits. I found her to be a wise and remarkable woman throughout my acquaintance with her and her husband Dale. She made a deep impression on me at the time as a warm, cheerful and gentle human being and I never forgot her. Every decade or so, I would wonder where she was. Now, in the internet age, I just searched for her name, once again, and found her obituary. I'm crying and I don't know what to say or do.
"Pamela O'Brien passed away peacefully at home surrounded by family and friends on May 4, 2012 at the age of 62 after a long battle with breast cancer."
I am grateful that our lives intertwined for a brief moment in time. The picture above is from those days when I knew her, and talked, and shared aspirations of another kind. A dear friend, she was. Lost to us now.

Here is an animated photo album of her life: