Dear Asheville Tea Party Members,
It is with great reluctance to announce that Founder, Erika Franzi, and Board member, Tim Peck have resigned from Asheville Tea Party and Asheville Tea PAC. It has been Erika's vision, leadership and unwavering belief in our mission that propelled the Asheville Tea Party and the Asheville Tea PAC to its successes, presence and influence.
It is hard to measure the countless hours and tireless effort that Tim Peck has devoted to both organizations. There are few who are as philosophically astute and grounded in our founding documents as Tim. He was always a guidepost.
They both have left a legacy that will guide the Asheville Tea Party and the Asheville Tea PAC going forward.
That legacy of accomplishments includes:
- building two organizations, the Asheville Tea Party and the Asheville Tea PAC
- redesigning the organization to a project oriented structure
- rallying for our rights
- e-mailing and phoning campaigns to our representatives
- meeting with Congressman Heath Schuler and Senator Kay Hagan to voice our concerns over the Health Care Bill
- unveiling journalistic conflicts of interest in the press
- educating us about our Founding Documents by organizing forums and speeches
- attending the National Tea Party Conference and giving presentations
- implementing a successful pre-primary debate for the District 11 Congressional candidates
- supporting Congressional candidate Dr. Dan Eichenbaum in the 2010 Primary to within single digits of victory
- endorsing, campaigning, and successfully getting four of ATPACs endorsed candidates elected in November, 2010
- educating the public and our subscribers to the Independence Caucus candidate assessment process in a forum with IC founder, Frank Anderson
- influencing Asheville City Council to put on hold their annexation plans of Royal Pines for twelve months
- revealing the excessive expenses the Airport Authority was spending to send people to an airport conference in Maui
- sending bus loads to DC to gather with more than 1.2 million other patriots on the Mall
- gathering patriots for the first successful "We Read The Constitution" Day